openXdata.org is governed by it’s general assembly, the group of organizations who are members of openXdata.org. Membership is voluntary and members can leave at any time. Members are admitted by the general assembly on the basis of the single membership criteria that they actively contribute to the goals of openXdata.org.
The steering committee is a group of 8 select individuals from the openXdata community who represent the diversity, experience, and expertise within our community. At present our steering committee is comprised of:
- Raheel Bekele, Addis Ababa University, Ethiopia
- Shashank Garg, Handsrel, India
- Heather Zornetzer, SSI, Nicuragua
- Thorkild Tylleskär, University of Bergen – CIH, Norway
- Aamir Khan, IRD, Pakistan
- Simon Kelly, Cell-Life, South Africa
- Hugh Cameron, Makerere University, Uganda
- Bruce MacLeod, University of Southern Maine, USA
The management committee are responsible for the day-to-day running of openXdata.org. To ensure that the strategic direction set by the general assembly is carried out they meet regularly (currently weekly).
The management committee has a google group: openxdata-management.
The current members of the management committee are:
- Rahel Bakele, Addis Ababa University
- Simon Kelly, Cell-Life
- Sarah Bird
- Peter Wakholi, Makerere University
- Jørn Klungsøyr, University of Bergen – CIH
The openXdata Founding Convention covers the specifics of openXdata governance.